Monday 4 November 2013

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but at least get the facts right

Bill Bell said to me that I should take it as a complement but some confusion has risen as some have attributed statements in www.cnvwatch.blogspot.com to me when this blog http://northvancouncilwatch.blogspot.ca is mine. I have been publishing it since November of 2011 to replace a former blog which I did on and off for a few years.

I don't know if an anonymous someone was trying to impersonate me or just imitate me and the Mayor had said some confusing things to me as he thought I had posted an article on his potential re-election.  He has since apologized although I didn't think he said anything inappropriate. A class act our Mayor! I'd vote for him if he came on board with amalgamation.

It was obviously not mine as in an article on the North Van Urban Forum's Design Jam, he or she goes on a rant about it being an example of CNV bureaucracy and spending gone wild.  In fact, as most people know the North Van Urban Forum (link on the front page of my blog) is a private organization who worked hard to help create a waterfront area that our residents can be happy about.

He or She claims to live on Grand Blvd and started this blog almost a year ago when I was on an extended visit to my parents' home.  I doubt anymore who actually "watches" Council meetings from the Chambers could make the constant factual mistakes made on this blog.

One bit of advice to this anonymous author, come out of the dark and stand by your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment