Saturday 15 February 2014

Tony Valente of the Urban Forum declares his candidacy

A few weeks ago, prior to Council meeting, I asked Tony if he was going to run in November and Tyler Russell (NVUF member) quickly interrupted saying "I doubt it, not with a new baby".  My spidey-sense was confirmed and I knew he was running.

The North Van Urban Forum came on the scene almost 3 years ago and I thought to myself, "I wonder if these are activists or a front for another pseudo-political party like VOICES, or something different? I was pretty certain that at least one of the main players would emerge as a candidate, possibly even running an slate.  When Tony joined the Branding Committee, it looked like it was him.

It is possible that VOICES has recruited him to join Amanda Nichol's candidacy and the probable candidacy of Kerry Morris.  Come on guys, don't let yourselves be co-opted by VOICES.

Here's his new website. http://www.tonyvalente.ca/

------------------------
UPDATE
Oops, I should clean my glasses once in a while.  It was Benjamin Woolyatt of the North Van Urban Forum who inspired Tyler's interjection.  Happy Fatherhood Ben! Are you now Tony's campaign manager?

No comments:

Post a Comment